Over 100 million people in the USA live with STDs. These burgeoning statistics sparked the idea of starting up an online dating site to ease interaction of the victims. In the review below, we will have a look at one such site, the PositiveSingles.com.
PositiveSingles.com was launched in 2001 and has over 1.4 million members to date. This site is an excellent platform for people living with different STDs including Hepatitis, Herpes, HPV, Chlamydia, and HIV/AIDS to interact with people with similar conditions globally and even get a life partner.
From the outlook, the site shouts professionalism. The registration is seamless and quick; you will only fill in a detail’s form that includes the type of STD, gender, the gender you are interested, age and country and you will immediately find suitors. Moreover, this site applies stringent privacy policies and only allows members with STDs. If the support team detects suspicious activities on your account, it will be suspended instantly.
Once you are a member, you are now free to enjoy their free or paid services as follows:
- Replying to messages
- Sending winks.
- Requests of private albums
- Uploads of up to 26 photos.
- Ask for support through live chat
- 24 / 7 phone & customer service
- Use standard search features
- Read all information regarding STDs
- Participate in blogs and forums
- Top all search results.
- Send and reply to messages
- Advanced Search with special filters
- Talk to an STD counselor via email or live chat
- Know “who`s interested in me” and “who`s viewed me”
Below are the costs
Standard Membership: Free
One month $29.95
Three Months $59.95
Six months $95.95
The site only allows payments through PayPal, Credit Cards, and Cheques. With the 1-month subscription, you get an automatic renewal, but the rest don’t. After a successful transaction, your billings will show “SUCCESSFUL MATCH” and not “Positive Singles.”
Users can download the STD dating apps of the website both on Android and IOS. The application adopts a similar theme to the Website, but with simpler navigations. However, some of the features like the health resource section, talking to a counselor or finding an STD care sections are only available in the web version.
First date ideas– This feature allows users to learn more about you and have an insight into your personality. All these ideas are compiled on one page, and people can see them and select may be one that matches their preference.
Let’s meet– This is another unique feature that unveils people’s profiles, and users can swipe either left or right depending on their preference. If you swipe left, you don’t like the profile, while swiping right means you like them. If the user likes your profile in return, it means you can have a mutual friendship.
- The free members can reply to messages or emails.
- You can maintain your profile as anonymous until you settle for a potential suitor.
- Only a real person can approve profiles, not automated people.
- The site is very informative with over 100,000 STD-related blogs.
- Delays in video messaging.
In summary, positivesingles.com is ultimately a favorite site for every STD victim looking for an enjoyable online dating site.